• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bath tub

lonewolf19k

Semper Paratus
Ok kind of odd but I dont know, but when I put Peelz in the bath tub for when the wife is cleaning her viv she poops.

She has not pooped in her viv nor anywhere else but I put warm water in the tub and she poops.

This has happened 2 times lol.

I am not complaining but her hot hide is between 75-80 degrees and she decides to poop in a warm bath tub lol.

Something about snakes and warm water makes them poop.

I had a female snow that was a bit backed up if you will. She was in some lukewarm water for a minute or so and it helped things along.

Make sure you aren't overheating her. The water should not feel warm to the touch. Skin temp (for a human) water is 91F- too hot for a snake.

Also- don't let her get into the overflow or faucet!

My bearded dragon goes in the bathtub almost every time, she gets her baths in the evening, and would normally 'go' in the morning, so it does seem to help loosen things up. Just keep the temps appropriate, like Nanci said.

Back