• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bathing my snake ;)

Ana Sofia R

Beware of Poissssssson :P
This videos were taken on March 4th.
She was with problems to take of her skin so I gave her a bath!

The first video show the skin starting to fall
In the 2nd one she take almost all of it.

After the bath I help with a wet towel!
She actually poop in the water too, thats why its a bit nasty ^^'

Hope I've done it well :D

and this photo was after it, she was hungry :p

Here's a couple things, you don't ever want to have a snake have to swim so it doesn't drown. What is reccomended is getting a tub and putting a rag with warm water on the bottom then place the snake in it and that works fantastically. Just make sure you use the second method next time to prevent your snake from getting injured or stressed.

Here's a couple things, you don't ever want to have a snake have to swim so it doesn't drown. What is reccomended is getting a tub and putting a rag with warm water on the bottom then place the snake in it and that works fantastically. Just make sure you use the second method next time to prevent your snake from getting injured or stressed.

Well, but this cage was the one they advise me to give a bath sometimes. They actually dont need a lot of baths, but to do it sometimes this one works I guess. And its nice for baby ones. She was stressed because in the beggining she wasnt able to get her skin of :/ that why she was doing some pressure.
And for my relief it works ^^

Oh, and after that she looks pretty nice and happy, walking around and playing with us :p
and she eat the 2 pinkies then go to sleep ahah ^^

I'd have to agree with everybody else here that water is to deep and she's panicing because of its depth. I give mine the chance to swim regularly and its in a bathtub with never more than an inch of water at the deepest end and with a dry area in the tub for her. If you're needing to have her take a bath just to remove a bad shed a wet towel works much easier and is a lot less stressful on the snake. Never force your snake to have to swim for its life always give it the option to leave the water if they feel the need to.

I'd have to agree with everybody else here that water is to deep and she's panicing because of its depth. I give mine the chance to swim regularly and its in a bathtub with never more than an inch of water at the deepest end and with a dry area in the tub for her. If you're needing to have her take a bath just to remove a bad shed a wet towel works much easier and is a lot less stressful on the snake. Never force your snake to have to swim for its life always give it the option to leave the water if they feel the need to.

But this wasnt a bath to "enjoy"... was to help her get the skin off. that's the question. Maybe it looks too deep, but its a small cage and she never get her head in the water. Like I said, that panic wasnt because of the water, but because of the skin. In the second video you can see better she making a lot of pressure to try to take it. This one was the first and only bath I gave.
And I was always looking, so nothing wrong happen ^^

No, it's not that it looks too deep it IS too deep for her. Shallow water would have helped with mites and getting her shed off in a much safer manner without her having to stress about drowning. It's the same as someone plunking one of us in the middle of the ocean and saying "oh, you're not here to enjoy it... it's to help with your dandruff and sun burned tight skin." Yeah, I'd be looking pretty happy to be out of a dangerous situation too. You say it was the first time you ever bathed her, everyone here is saying the water is too deep but you digress. Please listen to the folks here, they are wise beyond their years when it comes to corn snakes and their care. Oiy, sigh. :nope:

I second that and I don't know that much about corn snakes. But the people on this forum do have been keeping them for years and years and they know what's best. Listen to the experts.

You say it was the first time you ever bathed her, everyone here is saying the water is too deep but you digress.

I dont disagree with no one... I only said it was what they ask me to do. And I didnt see anything wrong, because this little cage permit her to hold on the top. They advise me to give them this bath to help her in cases like this. So I did it :x

I'm sorry, I failed to read that part. I apologize. It's scary how vets who are supposed to care for animals often know so little. Just an example not relating to corns, I took my pit bull to the vet for a check up and they labeled him as a boxer/German shepherd mix, when he clearly isn't, and also informed me he would develop personality issues due to his breed. Just goes to show you can't always take people at their word because they're "certified." Sadly.

I'm sorry, I failed to read that part. I apologize. It's scary how vets who are supposed to care for animals often know so little. Just an example not relating to corns, I took my pit bull to the vet for a check up and they labeled him as a boxer/German shepherd mix, when he clearly isn't, and also informed me he would develop personality issues due to his breed. Just goes to show you can't always take people at their word because they're "certified." Sadly.

the vet said this to me when I got there because she got mites. he told me about the treatment and ask me to give her a bath like this to help with some mites that might escape. and the way the got her skin I take the chance to make the videos too.
like I said before, hopefully all good just fine and the was ok. Next time ill make it different ;)

Back