• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Batting .000

Darin Chappell

Very Senior Hillbilly
Well, my last clutch hatched a couple of weeks ago, and I was so excited about perfect all of their patterns were (all amel motlies, with real symetry in their motley-ness!). So, what could go wrong???

How about 0 out 10 for first time feeders? I wasted 10 f/t pinks giving them the night to consider their meals, and now I'll have to start lizard scenting the stupid things! AAAARRRGGGHHH!

I'm really tempted just to sell them as non-feeders to someone who will undoubtedly have instant success with them! I am really beginning to despise non-feeders' problems! :p

I knew my luck was running too good lately! :eek:

Re:

Darin,

Don't give up hope! Give them 3 weeks! =P

A trick that worked for me is to get the Dannon yogurt cups. The ones with the clear lids you can put back on. If you can wrastle them into the cups and put their pinkie in there, and then set the cup in a dark quiet spot (preferrably in their shoebox with familiar smells), I had 6 eat for me one night alone. These were 6 that were previous non-feeders after 2.5 weeks.

Mine also really liked their pinkies scented to high heaven with mouse bedding. I mean we're talking, authentic mousy smell. I warmed the pinks up, and threw them in a sandwich bag with some of the bedding for 10 mins or so in a warm spot to let the flavours "get happy" (yes, I'm an Emeril fan) and voila, ate em right up. Too bad the last two don't seem to care for anything, scented or not. I'm about to resort to catching some baby frogs or blue tailed skinks and see if they'll eat those.

If you need a home for them, I'm looking for a really nice patterned amel motley for my keeper's mate. I'll let you know after tomorrow what sex I need, as I'm getting some help getting my hatchlings sexed.

Good luck with em.

Live pinks?

I often try live ones if the f/ts dont work. Also in a confined, DARK space.

Thanks for the help, folks! Actually, I know how to get them to eat, but I have too many other snakes to spend much time on them. That's really what I was fuming about! :D

Anyway, if these little fussy eaters don't pick up soon, I'll be selling them to somone CHEAP!!! Such is the way of the cornsnake, Huh?

Ahh.. Darrin

I dont mind trying to get noneaters to feed, and I was in Camdenton just last week! If only I had known of your problems then....

Back