• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Be careful what you read, especially before bed

Taybeh Chaser

Stumbled on an old thread about snake-related nightmares a couple days ago, and what does my brain decide to do but produce horrible anxiety dreams about my poor Zanjibil, two nights in a row.

First, we were being chased by Random Motiveless Men With Guns (dream logic, they don't need a motive, I guess) and had to evacuate the apartment. I had to stick Zanj in my purse to bring him with me, and he got cut up by my keys or something. Luckily, in the end our assailants' guns magically disappeared and I managed to chase them off with a steak-knife. Then last night I dreamed Zanj was shedding a little too vigorously and peeled away his muscle to expose bone. Right on the heels of this, he revealed "he" was in fact a "she", by giving birth. To a lizard!

I guess I can't blame reading the nightmares thread entirely, since I'm a brand-new snake keeper with diagnosed anxiety problems, but I'd warn other newbies to stay away from scary threads. Even if you're like me, the sort who just has to click on that link/look back at that car wreck/ask for details.

Wow, this also just recently happened to me too.

I don't even have my corns yet, have to wait until Oct, yet I'm still having nightmares about them.

Had a dream two nights ago that my snakes came in, yet they were already dead in their little cups. Then they somehow came back to life...as bugs! Which then flew away >.>

Another dream I had where, again my snakes arrived, alive this time, but then they sped out of their cups and I lost them within two minutes!

I can't imagine the anxiety I'll feel when they actually are coming in...

I had a dream that the lost king wasn't actually lost- she was inside Xia's cage! By the time I got up there, Xia's tail was chewed off, and she had several bites all along her. This is a strange dream, considering the kingsnake is a hatchling and Xia is two years of age.

I also had two... strangely simular dreams once when Xia was a tiny little gal. In one, she managed to climb into my ear and I got a bad head ache as she curled around my brain. She sadly died inside my skull.

In another, she crawled inside my stomach through my naval and ate one of my kidney's...

Another dream I had was where she wouldn't stop growing because she was having a compition with my Uncle's retic....

(In case you can't tell, she's my favorite)

I FREQUENTLY have stress dreams about my snakes. Usually they go something along the lines of me buying a new snake and ending up with hundreds and I'm trying to get them all in safe containers and they're escaping and biting me and they're tiny and fragile. And often in these dreams, I'm forced to put multiple snakes in one cage and they're eating my favorite snakes and I can't make them stop because I don't remember how to make my body work.

And the funny thing is, I don't stress about my snakes in real life!

When I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of Tyras I dreamed my roommates boa ate him like spaghetti, slerp and all! It was odd to say the least. But really it's just something with your mind that collates to the snake and the mishaps. You could try dream interpretation, but just be weary which you look at. Some are terrible. Lol.

Oh man I get bad snake dreams all the time. I can't even remember most of them. One was I had bought some eels, and put them into an aquarium. A couple of minutes later they turned into my snakes. I tried to get them out of the water but couldn't (you know how dreams work), and they died.

The most recent was my baby boa Musket kept getting out of his tank, over and over and over. Well, I kept finding him, over and over and over, going into my amel Nina's tank, and Nina would attack him. The last time he did it Nina started to eat him head first. Luckily I was able to pull him out without hurting either of them.

Dreams are weird.

Back