• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bedding

Jay633

Hi is there a difference between MOUSE soft wood or aspen bedding, and snake aspen? Or something a lil cheaper? * I dont want newspaper or paper, Something nice looking is what i want* I get my stuff from Petco were the pets go!! LOL

Another good choice (and what I use) is coconut fiber bedding. U can either get in the the bag (loose coconute fiber) or the brick (compact). It looks natural & real nice. Its pretty cheap too & I love the natural fresh scent it gives. Here's a pic!

Attachments

• 1286060127-picsay.jpg
    1286060127-picsay.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 66
If it says "softwood" I'm going to guess it's pine, cedar or some combination of evergreen trees. I wouldn't use it.

What you're talking about with the Petco softwood is a mix of pine, spruce, and fir. This will kill your snake. There is no difference between rodent aspen and snake aspen except for the cut and price. You can use either one of those, but no softwood.

Also, if you order your supplies from Petco online, you can get them for as much as half off. Just a tip. :D

Also, another idea is to use shredded paper. I put my ASF rats on it this past cleaning, and I think it would be GREAT for a snake! Try to use either news paper that's old or paper without print on it to prevent bleeding onto the snake.

Softwood is from coniferous trees, in animal bedding it is usually pine and cedar etc..., which is generally is recommended to avoid. Aspen is a hardwood.

However, you don't have to use aspen that specifically says "snake" on it. Aspen is aspen. The "snake" stuff in pet stores tends to cost way more than it should, and comes in smaller bags usually. You can try the small animal department for a larger and less expensive bag of aspen. I get my aspen in the equine department of a farm supply store. It is intended as horse bedding. 45 pounds for $5. Just make sure it is 100% aspen.

Back