• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Behavior after eating?

hauler34

I'm just wondering what kind of behavior to expect from my corn snake in the next day or so after eating. Now I know that every corn is bound to act differently, but I trying to get a sense of what to expect. My corn is now coming out and cruising his cage on a normal basis, but after eating he seems to stay in his hide most of the time. I'm assuming his just laying low while he lets things digest. I guess over time I'll find out exactly what he acts like, but it's just curiousity getting the best of me.

Mine goes into hiding straight after a feed (19:00ish) and only sometimes will cruise a bit later on (22:00ish). Sometimes though I will have to go looking for her 2 days after feeding.
So I guess the answer to your question is that it depends on how your little one is feeling after eating.

Corns in general are allot like people at a BBQ (stay with me here). Some will eat a big meal, grab a beer and just want to sit, others seem to be quite happy to move around some. In general they will all head towards a warm spot to help them digest, all though none have grabbed a beer .... yet. Most of my hatchlings will tend to stay quiet for a day or two after feeding, but a few don't. As long as he/she does not regurge and the "lump" disappears after a day or so everything is going well.

digesting

my corn took his first feeding in my captive thursday. it is now sunday morning and he is STILL curled up under his water dish, in the bedding.
i havent bothered him since, even tho a few guests wanted to see him in action. im thinking :eek1: , technically hes supposed to eat again in two days, so as i see it if i keep feeding him, i wont see him AT ALL. He seems happily coiled up, and and adjusts his position from time to time (as i can only see him thru the bottom glass) his ovibious lump has dissapeared, and i hope that hes maybe ready to play again tommrow, before his next feeding tuesday. :rolleyes:

AUSTINC26 said:
my corn took his first feeding in my captive thursday. it is now sunday morning and he is STILL curled up under his water dish, in the bedding.
i havent bothered him since, even tho a few guests wanted to see him in action. im thinking :eek1: , technically hes supposed to eat again in two days, so as i see it if i keep feeding him, i wont see him AT ALL. He seems happily coiled up, and and adjusts his position from time to time (as i can only see him thru the bottom glass) his ovibious lump has dissapeared, and i hope that hes maybe ready to play again tommrow, before his next feeding tuesday. :rolleyes:

I have to get to bed but I think you could handle him. Usually there is a forty eight hour rule (hands out) but after that it's fine. Go for it!

You'll be fine to handle it. 3 days is more than enough time. Mine usually hide out for a day or two unless they are ready to move up to a larger item. At that point, they will be out the same night or the next looking for more food. My Green Tree Python on the other hand, will remain active, searching for food even after a full meal. She usually cruises around each night at different times even after eating.

still havent

handeled him since his feeding thursday, but tonite he finally decided to come out of hiding to see what there is to do. Hes acting sketchy again, like he forgot where he was. So i guess ill probaly get bit at least a few more times.

First time feeding

Hi,
This is an interesting thread since today 8/10 was the first time I have fed my hatchling (or any snake for that matter). The dealer had marked on the tub two other dates 7/24 and 8/4 and so I assume this is only the third meal s/he has ever had, which is pretty interesting when you think about it.

When I put him back in his quarters, he immediately went into his coconut hidey (a halved coconut shell which is thinned out some that I bought from Pet Co). S/he seems to stay there a lot but maybe 6 days isn't enough time for him to go cruising much.

Back