• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Belated intro :)

mcarabian

Hi!
I've already posted a few times in the forum but I didn't want to properly introduce myself without having a snake. I'm proud to announce that we got our first corn snake (sunglow motley) yesterday :) Since putting him in the viv he has: soaked in the smaller water dish on the cool side (must've been a little thirsty after the trip), chilled out in the hide on the cool side, warmed up under the log hide in the warm side, and is currently sleeping in the coconut husk hide on the warm side.

Let me just tell how incredibly difficult it is NOT to take him out and handle him :p I can't wait until the week is over so we can pick him up and check him out. He seemed pretty docile (and a little shy) when we were transferring him from the deli cup to the viv and I'm hoping his personality will stay that way :)

So now we're brainstorming for names. So far we've come up with:

Pheobis That Means Sun God
Kellogs Corn snake (I think I stumbled on this one in a website and liked it)
Estaban

That's it so far. I'd love to hear some of the names you've given your corn snakes :)

I called my baby boy Travis, I got him on saturday.
One of my heroes is Travis Barker, And I just generally loved the name anyway :p

I've been trying to think of names for my soon to be ( see my introduction ), that I'm hopefully getting tonight. The best one I've got so far is Pythagoras, though its too bad its not some sort of python.

I was looking up snake names and I found William Snakespear, which I would never use but still gave me a bit of a chuckle. Also Mr Hisses, but then you would need a tiny top hat and a monocle :) I like Pythagoras becuase I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, seems to be pretty unique which I like.

-Jon

Back