• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Best brand of UTH?

scone

I was wondering if there was a preferred brand of UTH that is known to be more reliable, I am a new snake owner and the one i have now is decent but it was cheap and I would rather invest money in a long term one that will be better and last longer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

I just bought the Reptitherm UTH and the hydrofarm thermostat to go with it. I am very interested in the heating tape to use with snake racks but I am so new. I have spent a lot of time on You tube looking at videos and asking other forum members. My new snake comes next week.

If I could figure out how to make the Hydrofarm thermostat work on two tanks, I would buy a second snake.

Myca,

I think it's commendable that you've done your research and purchased your supplies before obtaining your Snake!
So many people buy a snake on a "whim" then run around trying to build the proper habitat.
Another item which I consider extremely inportant is to keep a log or Diary if you will, on each snake.
Information entered can be when the snake was obtained, it's age, what it's been eating, when it shed last and when it last pooped.
As for a thermostat controlling more than One UTH, It's always best to
have One control for each UTH.

Best of luck!

I was wondering if there was a preferred brand of UTH that is known to be more reliable, I am a new snake owner and the one i have now is decent but it was cheap and I would rather invest money in a long term one that will be better and last longer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Sorry,

My last post kinda got off on a tangent. I've been using various brands of UTH's for years and can say I've never had a failure.

I've used Flukers, Zilla, Repitherm, Heat tape, flexwatt and had good luck with all.
Some seem to run hotter than others but as long as it's being controlled by a thermostat you should be OK.

Best of luck!

Myca said:
If I could figure out how to make the Hydrofarm thermostat work on two tanks, I would buy a second snake.
Getting it to accurately work on two tanks requires using identical hardware with identical sizes and material tanks. Which is rather tricky to pull off, and even then it won't be absolutely accurate since there's only one temp probe. You could invest in a Herpstat 2 or whatever VE's 2+ device model is, but they're both pretty pricey and it's probably cheaper just to get a second thermostat.
rrowdy said:
Another item which I consider extremely inportant is to keep a log or Diary if you will, on each snake.
Information entered can be when the snake was obtained, it's age, what it's been eating, when it shed last and when it last pooped.
Advantage of being super nerd... spreadsheets ftw!

Back