• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

best camera for a total noob

Sadrapa

hi, i have a few cameras that were recomended by people in shops but i thought id post here and see what ye would recomend for a total noob, id like to learn more about photography so a camera that would be a good choice for that would be what in your opinion? the two recomended to me were,

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/975027/art/fuji/finepix-s1000fd-2008-refl.html

and

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/979961/art/casio/exilim-zoom-ex-z1080-char.html

if you scroll down to the bottom all the specs are there too!

thanks for any and all advice you can offer!

I'm using the Casio Exilim EX-1000. I love it. I have a fancy digital camera with all these lenses and stuff and it doesn't get used. The Casio can go in a pocket, in my purse, on my bike. It has super-fast start up to actual picture taking speed, so I rarely miss spontaneous shots. I love the Best Shot feature- I use that all the time. I also like the rapid sucession shots feature- it lets me get tongue shots! Sure, when you compare it to say, ArpeggioAngel's camera, or Elle's new camera, there's a noticeable difference- still, the macro on this camera is excellent, I think. It's my second upgrade, third Exilim.

I agree with Nanci, the Exilim is perfect for what you need. I have one aswell :)

I upgraded to the Nikon D40 SLR but theres absolutly no point in you buying an SLR if you don't have a clue about cameras.

Haha - My camera is pretty horrible. I take pics and the snakes eye turn white, and its also very blurry.

Its digital and kind of gets the job done though.

Back