• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Best enviroment

applejacks

So...I have my cornsnake in a ten gallon fish tank right now. He has more than enough room to climb, hide, and roam, but I would really like to get him something else. SOmething not made for fish. I have no idea what.

Where did you guys get your homes for your snakes? Is there a type that is better than others? What's the best size? If I bought a big one now so that he could grow into it, is that okay? (As long as I have PLENTY of places for him to hide, go into, and just lounge around on?)

In my opinion an aquarium makes a better than average home for a Corn Snake. You can buy in lots of different sizes, and if I ever wanted to "spoil" my snake, I'd probably spring for a larger tank, like a 29 so he could climb a bit. My guy likes to climb in plants.

You can buy snake cages made of plastic which hold heat better. Check out Animal Plastics or Boaphile on Google. Both make nice cages.

^ what is said..if you are going to buy a tank wait till reptile show comes to your area i always get my there got cheap.

My tank

I also use an aquarium and find it quite suitable for my new corn I got on the 18th. It's also a 10 gallon and he has plenty of room. From what I hear there is no need to upgrade until the snake is as long as the length of the cage end to end. I still probably have a while since I only feed him weekly on Thursdays. I manage to have a water bowl, big piece of drift wood, slated rock and vines, he seems to love crawling on everything. I think if you have a decent amount of different surroundings or types of things in the cage for the snake to explore or change it up every now and then he would be fine. I'll take some pics of mine when I get home tonight and upload em' on here to show ya. Enjoy, hope this was of some help.

Back