• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

best feeding times

progressive74

I fed my snake 11 days ago and i have tried to feed him again 3 days ago but he was not intrested. is this cause for concern yet? also when is the best time to fed a snake is during the day or at night? any help one this would be greatly appreacited

At that age, he should be more than ready to eat, but I don't think it's a concern yet. I find that my corns eat better in the early evening. At a month and a half, you should probably disturb him as little as possible. Are you feeding live or f/t? Do you still have the deli cup he came in? If you do, I would put the pinky in the deli cup, followed by the snake, put the lid on and leave him for an hour or so. The handling should be kept to a minimum. Right from the cage, into the deli cup. At this age, they get flighty really easy and become stressed. Stress is what you need to avoid. If this doesn't work, you might want to try braining a pink a couple of days later.

not sure if it might be shedding time.

I am finding that any time i go near him to move him there is a lot of tail rattling and bites. i have only handled him three times so it may just be that he is adjusting.

also i am not sure if he is preparing to shed his last shed was on the 09.08.03 and it looks like his eyes have gone blue although i am not sure what shade of blue indicates sheding is it a hint of blue or bright blue?

the eyes go cloudy when they are about to shed like a milky colour.If it shed a month ago then it is probably about to shed again so dont worry about the feed refusal just yet.
P.S when the eyes clear again put some damp paper towel in with the snake to help the shed come off in one piece.
hope this helps.

Back