• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Biggest Corns

My Corn Snake book says, the biggest corn ever officially registered was 189,2cm. And as I understood, size is not a matter of coloring or sex, but feeding.

Size can also be a result of the gnetics. My female Amel Stripe is smaller than other Corns I've had, but she came from a breeder whose stock tended to be shorter but very robust. She's been on the same feeding regime as all my others.

To some extent, it depends if you're talking about wild corns or captive ones. In the wild the stresses of reproduction slow down a female's growth rate. Wild snakes aren't thought to live as long as captive ones - so it would stand to reason that wild males are often longer than females.

While the record Corn Snake is 6 feet, it was a wild caught snake. I know of no morph of corn that has even gotten that long (5 foot corns are uncommon, and 5-1/2 footers even less so).

As already stated, genetics plays a role. Keys Corns and Miami Corns are smaller than average. Some people consider Okeetees the largest type, but I think they've been selectively bred for so long that they may not grow to the sizes they once did a few decades ago. It seems morphs and selective breeding have resulted somewhat smaller corn snakes (on average) than wild caught types.

mreverse-1.jpg

to give you a idea of how big a corn can get here is a pic of one of mine. I'm 5' 2" and he is bigger than me, his father was almost 6 feet long

Attachments

• 2006_01160007.JPG
    2006_01160007.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 114
While the record Corn Snake is 6 feet, it was a wild caught snake. I know of no morph of corn that has even gotten that long (5 foot corns are uncommon, and 5-1/2 footers even less so).

As already stated, genetics plays a role. Keys Corns and Miami Corns are smaller than average. Some people consider Okeetees the largest type, but I think they've been selectively bred for so long that they may not grow to the sizes they once did a few decades ago. It seems morphs and selective breeding have resulted somewhat smaller corn snakes (on average) than wild caught types.

The reason Okeetees you see are not as robust or as large as they used to be is there are not many pure Okeetees out there . Many people call any corn with thick black borders a okeetee. I dont agree with that to me a okeetee is a Jasper Co corn.

Well Tim there is a amel in my pic above this post that is about 5' 6". Both of his parents are part Okeetee. I have seen many corns that were homo for mutations that were 5 foot long and larger. A friend of mine had a pr of ghost corns over 15 years ago that were 5 foot long. I have seen pure old school blood reds close to 5 foot. In the west Fl wild anerys have been found 5 foot long. A former member Carlos use to go with his cousin hunting on the west coast. They found a few 5 anerys 2 were female.

I been breeding corns since 1985 and never seen a 6 foot corn, It is a recored size for a cornsnake . Being that be the recored I would not expect to see 6 foot corn for a long time mutation or normal.

Which grows the biggest males or females and do the different varitys get bigger than others

Males get larger than females on a whole. Thats not to say you cant get a super large female but males get larger . The males in nature combat for the right to breed with females . The biggest males mostly win .

Here is a link to a bunch of hugh corns some over 5 foot some normal colored and some in different mutations.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27553

Last edited:
Biggest or longest???

Tracee has a snake that is pretty.....thick.

It dosen't look over weight well...maybe :shrugs: but it's big!!!!

Check it out for yourself.

Back