• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bird of prey pictures

Marcel Poots

Young, handsom member
I had a photo workshop (to improve my skills) with birds last weekend. It was just awesome!
IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

Some action too

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

He caught the lure. His mouth is open to get a lot of air. This bird is supposed to be the fastest bird on earth. And indeed I could not get one decent picture of him in the air.
IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

A huge raven. The pic does not show it but he is at least two feet tall.
IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

God, those are gorgeous photos. I'm jealous you got to spend time up close and personal with those raptors!!

Awesome? Awesome? Does awesome even begin to describe these birds and the action photos?
Thank you Marcel, these pics are a real treat for me.
On a corn snake site, wonderful place this is.

Well, my favorite is the raven!

What kind of owl is the one in flight?

That is a European owl. The latin name is Bubo bubo. They eat mice, rats, rabbits, birds (even big ones as raven) and they even eat owls. Awesome raptor.

Back