• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bitter!

Inked_lil_girl

So my friend has a corn, amel, size wise I know the little girl is eating hamsters, near 3 feet long and about thick as a quarter. The issues at hand is she’s a real bitter. They’ve tired handling her more and not putting her away after she bites but waiting till she calms down. The corns always been a bitter but now she’s getting big and the bites are getting worse ( as in more deep and bloody)
She thinking of giving up on the little girl and I’m thinking of taking her. I just wondering if anyone has any tips for me? I know if I take her to leave her alone for a while to get settled but after that how do I deal with the biting?

Did your friend try the latex glove trick? I read somewhere on the forum that snakes don't like the taste of latex gloves.

I was gonna say to wear long sleeves and latex gloves when handling her. Handle her frequently after she gets settled in. You may also want to wear old clothes because she's probably gonna musk or have a BM on you. YUK!

I really wanna take this corn and work with her but I’m thinking it may be a bad idea. I don’t know all that much about corns yet. I may get in over my head. Anyways I was thinking I could still help my friend out anyways with her little bitter. I told her about the glove trick.

There could be a number of reasons why she is biting. The most important thing you need to do is build up her trust. It is obvious she is scared of being handled, and reacts aggresively.

I would say try the glove method as well. Once she is OK with this, try handling her without gloves.

I think they can sense when your nervous sometimes, so it is probably best to just go for it when you want to pick her up. You may also want to check that she is healthy and not in any pain, but seeing as you said she has always been a biter, i doubt this is the case.

Try handling her more regularly using the glove method. Like you have been doing, only put her back when you are ready. End handling sessions on a positive note.

Sorry i couldn't help much, but i hope she starts to improve.

Back