• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Black Rats

Daeraelle

Kiernan shed for me, so I drug them both out for pictures.

Male
Kiernan12.jpg

Kiernan13.jpg

Female
Kierra6.jpg

Kierra7.jpg

Thanks! I can't wait until I try to breed them next spring. We'll see how that goes. I'll end up keeping most of the babies, lol. Kiernan is a big lap snake too. I don't know exactly how long he is, but I'm 5'3 and he's about the same, maybe a little longer. He was getting chubby, so I cut him back on the rats. I try to make him eat mice every other meal, but he just doesn't want them any more. I spoiled him.

Nice pics. What locality are those black rats from?

I've got some SC dark black ones and my male is 6ft+. I'm also working with the leucistic black rats (Joliff line). I love the black rats and hope they get more popular.

All I know is they were produced by Dwight Good in 2002. I don't think they're het for anything. So I don't know what locality. They've really gotten me interested in other rat snakes though. I think I'm going to be about equal in corns and rats in a few weeks.

I've got a grey rat snake pair coming, an albino grey rat, a leucistic texas rat, a frosted snow (corn X grey rat). I'm also going to be looking for a pair of yellow rats at daytona. Not too sure how that's going to work out. I haven't seen many people with them. The only yellow rat I've ever seen for sale was a wild caught adult in a pet store. I'd love to get some leucistic black rats too. I've seen a few adult white sided black rats that I just needed.

:bang:

I should stop while I'm ahead.

Daeraelle said:
I'd love to get some leucistic black rats too. .
I know this guy who will be at Daytona table 414 and I heard he is bringing some hets and maybe a few leucy's too....:sidestep:

Back