• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Black/white morphs?

Kurogamii

What is this morph called?

new_snake-740474.jpg

Also, is this the same morph? If not what is it called?
cornsnakehatchling.jpg

I'm really liking the black and white morphs, the original oranges and red aren't my thing. I was also wondering if this morph would be way more expensive than a traditional corn.

Thanks much, I'm still working on getting money together, so hopefully you'll see my snake soon :3

Try looking at pictures of anerythristic (anery) for the black/white look you want. But, although some have very intense contrast as hatchlings, they can fade to a more brownish shade as they mature. My two anery males are quite different, the one with the better contrast was chosen because his parents had more contrast, but he's not as black/white as his mom was

Attachments

• 42a.JPG
    42a.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 7a.JPG
    7a.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 80
That snake is a very young normal. They can look pretty dark, with high contrast between the saddles and groundcolor as hatchlings, but that snake's going to end up with reddish saddles on an orangey or beige groundcolor. So if oranges and reds aren't your thing, you don't want to buy that snake!

Probably the closest thing to a black and white corn you'll find is an anerythristic corn (anery). They lack reds and oranges, but most end up with some yellow, especially on the sides of their necks. They also tend to lose contrast with age. Many start out very stark black on silvery-white, but rarely do they maintain the look exactly. Anerys are inexpensive. Usually they only cost a few dollars more than a normal, and in many cases, they're no more expensive than a normal. It may be blasphemous to mention on a corn snake site, but there are California kings that retain the high-contrast black and white look into adulthood. And their care is identical to corns. But on average, they have more attitude than your typical corn (in my opinion).

Anerythristic corn snake are usually black and white when they are young, but as they get older they tend to brown out, maybe get some yellow and get a bit duller.

If they only stayed like this....

Attachments

• 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 80
It may be blasphemous to mention on a corn snake site, but there are California kings that retain the high-contrast black and white look into adulthood. And their care is identical to corns. But on average, they have more attitude than your typical corn (in my opinion).

And they are not as purdy as a corn :)

I love that first picture.... that would make a great LOLSnake :)

Oh, I wouldn't mind the red saddles, I should've made it more clear. Traditional (mostly orange/red) or all red or all orange aren't my thing. Defining markings that are dark and clear and lots of black.

Oh, I wouldn't mind the red saddles, I should've made it more clear. Traditional (mostly orange/red) or all red or all orange aren't my thing. Defining markings that are dark and clear and lots of black.

Watch it... orange isn't my thing either, but 3 of my 6 snakes are some variation of orange :)

It may be blasphemous to mention on a corn snake site, but there are California kings that retain the high-contrast black and white look into adulthood. And their care is identical to corns. But on average, they have more attitude than your typical corn (in my opinion).

Continuing with the blasphemy - make sure you can see the parents if going the Cal King route, as many hatch out black and white but grow up to be brown and yellow.

Desert phase (different from desert king) are what you would want to look for with cal king - but there is a lot of mis-representation of cal king phases, so go reputable and ask for pics of both parents.

But it *is* a traditional corn snake you posted. They change colors when they get older.

Back