• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Blizzard Bloodred 2006 Keeper

CornCrazy

What's one more???
This little guy is precious! His mom is a pewter and his dad is either a pewter or a bloodred het charcoal. My vote is that dad is the bloodred...he's at least the father of the bloodred and the amel blood. I guess either could have been the blizzard bloodred's father.
BlizzardBR.jpg

BlizBRbelly.jpg

And a picture of him with a bloodred sibling:
BlizBR-BRhetcharcoal.jpg

I also have an amel bloodred sibling:
amBRhetcharcoal2.jpg

NICE NICE NICE Terri! I hope to make a few of those in 08 :crazy02:

Lore said:
NICE NICE NICE Terri! I hope to make a few of those in 08 :crazy02:
Thank you! I actually didn't produce these. They were produced by a friend and were a gift. :D What an AWESOME gift!!!

Good luck in '08!

CornCrazy said:
This little guy is precious! His mom is a pewter and his dad is either a pewter or a bloodred het charcoal. My vote is that dad is the bloodred...he's at least the father of the bloodred and the amel blood. I guess either could have been the blizzard bloodred's father.

Then I take it both parents are het amel too. :shrugs: Congrats :cheers:

tsthompson said:
CornCrazy said:

Then I take it both parents are het amel too. :shrugs: Congrats :cheers:
The guy that produced these wasn't sure which one was the father. The pewter cannot be the father to the amel or normal or all of the babies would be pewter. So the bloodred HAS to at least be het amel. If he produced the blizzard bloodred, then he would also have to be het charcoal.

If the pewter male is the father, then he would have to be het amel in order to produce the blizzard bloodred.

The mom is obviously het amel since amels were produced.

Awesome gift, awesome friend......definitely a stunner. I think I'll be a year behind Lore in attempting to make these.

regards,
jazz

Normals?

CornCrazy said:
The guy that produced these wasn't sure which one was the father. The pewter cannot be the father to the amel or normal or all of the babies would be pewter. So the bloodred HAS to at least be het amel. If he produced the blizzard bloodred, then he would also have to be het charcoal.

If the pewter male is the father, then he would have to be het amel in order to produce the blizzard bloodred.

The mom is obviously het amel since amels were produced.

So are you implying that this is a case of retained sperm? :shrugs:

The pewter can't be the father since that would only produce
75% pewter/het amel
25% blizzard.
no amels

Now if the bloodred is het charcoal & amel you would get the following
37.5% bloodred/het charcoal 66% poss het amel
37.5% Pewtwer /66% poss het amel
12.5% amel , bloodred/het charcoal
12.5% amel, bloodred , charcoal (blizzard)
No normals
I don't know if you're refering to the bloodred/charcaol 66%poss het amel as the normal or not,But if the clutch indeed contained any normals thenI would hesitate to call this a blizzard bloodred.

There are no normals out of each scenario. Perhaps breeding trials will be needed if that is the case. :shrugs:
They are some great looking animals though! :cheers: Congrats again on a great gift!! :santa:

Last edited:
tsthompson said:
So are you implying that this is a case of retained sperm? :shrugs:

The pewter can't be the father since that would only produce
75% pewter/het amel
25% blizzard.
no amels

Now if the bloodred is het charcoal & amel you would get the following
37.5% bloodred/het charcoal 66% poss het amel
37.5% Pewtwer /66% poss het amel
12.5% amel , bloodred/het charcoal
12.5% amel, bloodred , charcoal (blizzard)
No normals
I don't know if you're refering to the bloodred/charcaol 66%poss het amel as the normal or not,But if the clutch indeed contained any normals thenI would hesitate to call this a blizzard bloodred.

There are no normals out of each scenario. Perhaps breeding trials will be needed if that is the case. :shrugs:
They are some great looking animals though! :cheers: Congrats again on a great gift!! :santa:
Oops...no...I accidentally used the word normal but meant to say normal "bloodred" simply to clarify which one I was referring to. Obviously, it would have been redundant and wasn't even necessary to include the word "normal" at all. There were NO normal normals in this clutch. All of the babies are "diffused." (HeHe...I had to make things more confusing, huh?)

And no, this isn't a case of retained sperm...it's a case of both males being in with the female so my friend didn't know which one fertilized the eggs. Regardless of which male was the father...this is a blizzard bloodred.

jazzgeek said:
Awesome gift, awesome friend......definitely a stunner. I think I'll be a year behind Lore in attempting to make these.

regards,
jazz
Agreed! Awesome gift and friend...I am thrilled to have both! :)

diamondlil said:
Can I be friends with your friend too? Adorable hatchlings
NO!!! ;) Then I would have to share!
:grin01: Besides...you live a bit too far away...

Thanks for the compliment! :D

I think your friend needs a girlfriend so that i can have some friends like yours in a few years!!! :dancer:

Can we get an update on this beauty? I'd like to see what she looks like 8 months later...

Back