• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Blood on shed??

missblackstar

I'll keep this as short as possible.. basically not long ago Jynx shed. I left the shed in there because i'm still not having any luck taming him. Last night i fed him and while he was eating i pulled out the shed to check it was all ok. It was all in one piece, BUT there was dried blood on the middle section. I am so worried he may have a wound or a burn (which can't be possible because i check the heat mat regularly). Now i need to leave him for 48 hours, but am really worried something is wrong. Has anyone got any advice? I will try and upload a pic of the shed in a bit.

I've seen this on a juvenile Californai King that we have. He was clean before the shed and immediatly after so I didn't give it much thought. His next shed skin was clean though. I wonder what it was?

were there any rough edges he could of been rubbing against to aid his shedding? just my thought maybe somthing poked him a little. But if he shed fine with out any problems then i would not worry to much about it as long as there is no blood next time he sheds, check what he was rubbing against if there is any thing sharp remove it. sometimes plastic can have jagged edges that can be sharp. Also problems taming him? he is a cornsnake if he bites you it will not hurt. Let him really mine when they are little bit alot i just let them and i dont throw them back in the cage. they need to get use to being held.

Hope this helps.
Dustin

occasionally there will be two spots of dried blood on the shed where the vent would be. not something to worry about if that is your situation.

thanks, mine had those 2 spots lately! Was not too worried about it, but now i know it is something that just happens now and then...

Back