• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

blood X anery B

Female is : het. Charcoal het. Bloodred
Male is : het. Charcoal het. Bloodred
Offspring is predicted :
1/16 Charcoal
1/8 Charcoal, het. Bloodred
1/8 Pewter
1/4 het. Pewter
1/16 het. Charcoal
1/8 normal
1/16 Bloodred, het. Charcoal
1/8 het. Bloodred
1/16 Bloodred

Marcel Poots said:
Offspring is predicted :
1/16 Charcoal
1/8 Pewter
1/4 het. Pewter
1/16 het. Charcoal
1/8 normal
1/16 Bloodred, het. Charcoal
1/8 het. Bloodred
1/16 Bloodred

When you have two Bloodreds het Anery B and these will breed you will get 1 / 4 Pewters en 3 / 4 Bloodreds (possible het Pewter).

Marcel - I hope you haven't typed that into your Wizard... If this is the case - something goes terribly wrong.

The result from AneryB x Bloodred is:
Normal het. Charcoal, Bloodred

So, the F2 would be:

9/16 Normal 66% poss.het. Charcoal 66% poss.het.Bloodred
3/16 Charcoal 66% poss.het. Bloodred
3/16 Bloodred 66% poss.het. Charcoal
1/16 Charcoal Bloodred (Pewter)

In the case that the Bloodred pattern is used as dominant-recessize trait.
Have fun...

P.S.: Done with this:
||
||
\/

Yep Marcel, I'm afraid your calculator is out on that one!

Menhir is right with his calculation.

I think Marcel is right in his calculations...just wrong in the parents he chose. 2 bloodreds het pewter should produce 25% pewters.

He wasn't figuring for normals het charcoal and bloodred.

Sorry CornCrazy - but Bloodred het. Charcoal x Bloodred het. Charcoal leeds to:
3/4 Bloodred 66% poss.het. Charcoal
1/4 Charcoal Bloodred

Thats right, and I never mentioned this is wrong. I was talking about his first posting.

But the calculation he postet was clearly for 2 Normal het. Bloodred & Charcoal
(read his posting, there you can see it)
I think that something went terribly wrong in the calculation cause the chances for gettin Pewter are the same as getting some kind of Bloodred....
1/8 Pewter
1/16 Bloodred het. Charcoal
1/16 Bloodred

....this can't be true.

I checked the situation back with your Wizard - definetely wrong calculation. Think about the rations he gives to you, can't be true.
I know, you get a little bit other ratios, cause you're splitting poss.het. Animals into the ones with and the ones without the het. so we won't get the same result - but Pewter should be 1/16 and not 1/8.

indeed something is wrong. The grid shows the correct prediction but the translation to rations is not correct. I will look into it soon.

Attachments

• clipboard01.jpg
    clipboard01.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I have found the problem. I fixed it and put up a new version. It was a problem that I placed the ratios next to the wrong result. In other words I had all the correct ratios and the correct names of morphs but I mixed them up.

Offspring is predicted :
1/16 normal
1/8 het. Charcoal
1/8 het. Bloodred
1/4 het. Charcoal, het. Bloodred
1/16 Charcoal
1/16 Bloodred
1/8 Bloodred, het. Charcoal
1/16 Charcoal, Bloodred