• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bloodred and Butter projects

The first picture is of Banzai, she was sold to me as a Bloodred possibly het for amel, charcoal, lavender, or hypo. I got her from a show, the guy was selling her second hand and all the clutches of Bloodred got mixed together so they no longer knew all the hets, however I do not believe she is homo Bloodred, she has a checkered belly, but she has a lot of the pink color blended into the white on the belly. The second picture is Rajah, she is a bloodred, and has the plain belly, same issue for the hets for her. I would like to prove their hets out, but am still looking for some good males to do this with. I was also thinking about breeding them with my Butter male, Kovu (3rd picture) he is het for hypo, 50% het motley. or my Hypo Lavender male. The fourth picture is my female butter, Kiara, she is also het for hypo. We will see if the hypo gene has any effect on the butters.

Attachments

• banzai.jpg
    banzai.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 87
  • rajah.jpg
    rajah.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 87
  • kovu.jpg
    kovu.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 87
  • kiara.jpg
    kiara.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 87
That's a normal corn. Bloodreds have completely grey heads when they are young, and NO belly pattern. I think you got taken in.

The 1st one is the one with the normal belly pattern I believe. The second one is the bloodred and appears to have the bloodred belly.. They are very pretty, I hope the first one at least proves to be bloodred.

Yes, the first picture is the normal (hoping het for bloodred, I should've inspected the snake better, but trusted the vendor!) And the second is the bloodred, she does have a plain belly pattern, but does not have a lot of the gray on her head.

Back