• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bloodred laying her eggs....not!

lucia

Here is my second bloodred, she layed 7 eggs and have 5 left inside. The first egg was layed yesterday, sunday. And nothing more since then. :(

Do I have to be worried? I can´t see how she will get those out!!
I hope I´m wrong, maybe she can!?

Attachments

• nr2 bloodred ägg 16maj 001.jpg
    nr2 bloodred ägg 16maj 001.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 135
  • nr2 bloodred ägg 16maj 004.jpg
    nr2 bloodred ägg 16maj 004.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 137
Now she is out crawling, lifting the tip of the tail. Maybe they will come out during the night? I really hope so!!! :bowdown:

I think it is time for her to go to the vet. The egg nearest the vent looks pretty big. She may need some assistance with getting it out.

She died before I got her to the vet. :(
Two days after laying her clutch, bad genes? or why did it go so fast?

I am sorry for your loss. I do not think you can assume she had bad "genes," however. Unfortunately, sometimes they get eggbound. How old and how big was your snake?

I have a 2002 butter female (well over 400 grams) that was not bred this season. She ovulated and has not reabsorbed 2 of the eggs. Both were stuck. I managed to get one out, but have been unsuccessful with the other so far. I do not know if my girl will make it or not. It's definitely the downside to breeding.

Sorry to hear about your loss
Hopefully nothing like that ever happens again....

Terri,
Try giving it a luke warm bath to help it move a bit more. While yo'ure at it, try and massage it a bit to see if you can move the egg towards the vent. Don't put too much pressure on her though.

Also another thing that you can try is to give it a large meal. That way the digested stuff (poop) can help out and 'push' the egg out.
This year I have around 4 females that got egg bound and I have successfully got the eggs out using those two methods. Only 1 didn't make it...so 3/4 is still a pretty good percentage....

Best of luck with removing those eggs from her!

Thanks Simon,

I've been doing all those things! No luck so far. She ate one meal, but has refused the last couple. I've also been exercising her quite a bit. Tomorrow she is gonna get to play outside! I hope the extra exercise will move the egg along!

I'll keep you posted!

Back