• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bloodred with strange bumps!

lucia

My 4 year old bloodred female layed 9 fertile eggs two days ago, and now she has TWO small bumps in her stomach. They are hard and about 1,5 cm!

The first is placed where the gall bladder is and the other bump about 10 cm below.
Please help me, I have never heard of it before! :shrugs:

But they don´t fell like eggs, they are very small and hard, abrupt. How can I help her? or should I just leave her alone?

Well, I have a snake which wasn't bred this year who became eggbound. She had a couple of eggs in her. One was stuck near the vent. I took her with me to work (I work for a vet) and managed to get the egg near the vent out. After that I could feel a bunch of small hard objects between her vent and the other "stuck" egg. What I am feeling is extremely hard stool. Because the egg was blocking her vent, the snake is now extremely constipated. I am hoping that she will be able to pass the stool now that the egg is out of the way. Hopefully she can pass that other egg, also!

I would think that a snake that lays her eggs normally could have the same thing happen. You should try feeding her to see if it will stimulate her to poop.

Last edited:
Ohh okey, I was thinking of that. So I tried to feed her, but she wasen´t interested yet, I will try in a few days again.

Thanks!

Back