• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bloodreds and reptile shows

skittledoo

I'm trying to work my husband over on a second cornsnake. There's a reptile expo here in Virginia in February and I figure that might be the perfect time to see if I can find the snake I want. Going to be looking for a bloodred male hatchling and this will be my first baby corn.

I've never purchased a snake from a breeder at an expo and this will actually be my first time ever attending an expo. What things should I be looking for when I go to purchase a snake at an expo?

I really love the look of bloodreds... Especially the ones that ate pretty much solid bright red as adults. I'm still learning all the different morphs so I don't know what different types of bloodreds there are and what they all look like. What's an average price I should expect to pay for a bloodred hatchling at an expo? What about a piebald bloodred? I'm sure the price varies a little depending on the breeder, etc, but I'm trying to get a basic idea before I talk to my husband more about it. He isn't a big fan of snakes so it takes a little bit of effort to convince him to let me get more.

Also, what other things can I find at expos? Frozen mice? Vivs?

Is it the Manassas reptile expo? Its pretty small and only a few corn vendors. They should have frozen and live feeders, plenty of ball pythons and supplies. A bloodred will probably run you $50 - $60 ish.

On another note, I know someone in the area who has some nice bloodred babies for sale if you don't have any luck at the show.

February would usually be a tough time to find "hatchlings". Most people are sold out by then but in this economy who knows. Bloods usually run between $50 and $80 depending on the diffusion. And P/S Bloods range between $150 for almost no white expression to $1200 for high white. You might want to check the breeder list for VA to see if there is some one in your area from the forum who has what you want available. Even if they are not vending at the show they might be willing to meet you there.

Terri

Is it the Manassas reptile expo?

On another note, I know someone in the area who has some nice bloodred babies for sale if you don't have any luck at the show.

Yup its the Manassas one.

I would love the information for the person you know out here as well. I'm hoping for a hatchling, but even younger adults (under a year) are fine as well.

Back