• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bloodreds with Belly Checkers?

LindsayMarie

Been here awhile
Is it possible to have bloodreds with Belly checkers? Not het bloods, but actual bloods/diffuse?

Also, if it is possible, or thought to be, does anyone have a picture of the dorsal and ventral side? I would LOVE to see a pic!

Another question about BR or diffusion, is the head markers usually. I have seen some pics of BR or Diffused with little diffusion and a 'normal' looking head lately! Do you think this is because of all the different gene mixing, parental lineage, etc?

One last thing, are RED bellies inherited, or are they often seen more often in certain morphs, or morphs combos? How about heavy checkering and RED bellies? Thanks for any help! Lindsay

Hi Lindsey,
Here is a link to a post made by Joe Pierce regarding the Bloodred gene. It is quite extensive but is packed full of information. This might help with all your questions. It has been brought up that Bloodred/Diffused may be expressed in a Cornsnake as a Co-Dom trait. I myself tend to adhere to this hypothesis as it tends to express itself as so called het "markers" and I have seen it first hand pop-up in some of my own clutches. Clear line down the center of the belly, slight diffusion, slightly grey heads etc. I hatched out some Amels this year that only have a few belly checks up on the neck but the rest of the belly being completely bare. Is this a Fire or is it just expressing het markers? Indeed, the Bloodred/Diffused gene may still take a while to figure out in it's entirety. Here is the link to Joe Pierce's link about the Bloodred gene.............

I hope this helps.
Jay :cool:

I'm sure you'll get all the information you could hope to get in Joe's thread, but here's a picture of one of my Bloodred females. She doesn't really have belly checkers, but she has a few black side dots that are reminiscent of checkers.

Snake036-2.jpg

There's a LOT I could say in response to your questions, but Joe has already said it, and probably in better words. :rolleyes: Just thought I'd share the picture with you.

Back