• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

blue eyes with red pupils

Jagerdog82

I'm trying to put together physical traits to figure out what kind of corn snake I have. Thought it was a snow but it looks like a lavender mix I saw in the for sale ads here is striped with blue eyes with red pupils. Any suggestions?

Female
2012-07-0195145529.jpg

Male
2012-07-0195144827.jpg

The female looks like a lavender or hypo lavender motley and the male looks like a ghost. If the female isn't a hypo lav, you may want to verify the sex as that morph tends to be a bit dimorphic with the females being darker than the males.

Ok. Thank you I just fed them and moved them to their new cage and they've been hiding but I am going to get some better pics and post them soon. I appreciate the help I really don't know all of the strains yet.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with Susan on the male :bowdown:
Your male looks exactly like my anery. I agree with Susan on the female though.

And gotta second airenlow.. hope they're in different cages and not the same one.

Its cool. I'm working on that now but they were given to me suddenly both together in a rubber maid tub I usually do keep them in their own tanks. Probably gonna move them to my 120 and my king snake to a 55

They need to be in separate cages, otherwise you are risking them breeding and the female's early death. Put one of them back in the tub they came in.

A 120 gallon aquarium isn't needed, two small tubs will be much better!

Well apparently people have not read any of my threads so they don't realize I do know how to keep snakes. When I said I would move them to my 120 I ment divided as I said I have been keeping reptiles for 25 years so I know how to keep them just trying to learn about he morphs of corn snakes and their breding habits not to get talked down to about how to keep them. As I said they were given to me together so I kept them that way until I get another tank. Thanks and I really do appreciate any info given on the questions I need help with.

Okay, take a deep breath. Now re-read this thread. You'll notice that no one has talked down to you. Large glass aquariums aren't exactly the choice of the experienced keeper. When someone makes posts saying that they are going to move a pair of corn snakes to a 120 gallon aquarium, it is only natural to assume (especially given the wording of your post) that person isn't very experienced -and might be planning on cohabbing. We were/are only trying to help.

Your right I didn't specify that I was dividing it and do know that people are looking out for the well being of my snakes and appreciate that. So I do apologise if I was rude I was just a bit annoyed that I had said I was going to seperate them as soon as I can. And on a thread about identifying the morpheme all I was being told was to seperate them. And again I apologise for being rude and do appreciate help with anything I don't understand. I did get another couple tanks and am building lids to get them moved soon.

Back