• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Boiled Pinkie

buckmaster299

Just wanted to say thanks everyone. I was digging around on here and seen the boiled pinkie in a deli cup trick for feeding a stubborn one. Worked like a charm. :) Now i do have a question, how long before she starts to eat them normally like my other snake does. By normally i mean without being covered in the deli cup...

I would feed her another boiled, exact same way. Then a just very hot. Then uncover her, but don't stare at her. Maybe just partially uncover her. Then feed her with the lid on, but uncovered.

When I'm feeding a bunch of babies, there will always be one or two who won't eat unless they are covered. I feed on my bed because I have room to put out all the delis, and the hatchling racks are in my bedroom. So the covered babies go under pillows! And then I just gradually ease them out till they are more and more exposed. Some babies will eat uncovered, but really freak out and rattle and strike if they see a person moving about, so they get fed uncovered, but up out of the way where they don't see me.

The general routine for new babies, though, is- covered and slit, uncovered and slit, uncovered and not slit as a test to make sure they will just eat, then back to prey always slit until they are on adults. So they are assumed to be "good" feeders, until proven otherwise, and go straight to uncovered on their second feed, unless it took a particularly long time to take the first feeding.

When I'm feeding a bunch of babies, there will always be one or two who won't eat unless they are covered. I feed on my bed because I have room to put out all the delis, and the hatchling racks are in my bedroom. So the covered babies go under pillows! And then I just gradually ease them out till they are more and more exposed. Some babies will eat uncovered, but really freak out and rattle and strike if they see a person moving about, so they get fed uncovered, but up out of the way where they don't see me.

The general routine for new babies, though, is- covered and slit, uncovered and slit, uncovered and not slit as a test to make sure they will just eat, then back to prey always slit until they are on adults. So they are assumed to be "good" feeders, until proven otherwise, and go straight to uncovered on their second feed, unless it took a particularly long time to take the first feeding.

Back