• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Book Suggestions?

ara35

Does anyone have some good suggestions for books on corn snake care? I know there is a lot online, but I also like some reading material. Let me know! THanks

Oo, yes! My two favorites are "Corn Snakes in Captivity" by Don Soderburg and Kathy Love's new one, "Corn Snakes: The Comprehensive Owner's Guide." Both have invaluable information!

They can be ordered from each author's website. :}

I have the Kathy Love book & on first reading found it very helpful. I have the Don Soderberg book on order. I am sure I will reread & re-reread Kathy Love's book. So I can say for sure that one's great & would be helpful to you.

Kathy Love's has way more info than Don Soderberg, but both books should be in your collection! :)

I think Kathy's is my favorite though.

IMHO.... all three that I have listed below are must haves but for different reasons, which I will mention.

Kathy Love's "Corn Snakes the Comprehensive Owner's Guide", no corn snake owner should be with out it. This books covers all aspects of keeping corns snakes, it is thorough, well written, simply laid out, inexpensive and signed if ordered through her site...http://www.corn-utopia.com/Corn%20Utopia%20on%20the%20Web/-%20BOOKS%20POSTERS%20herp%20for%20sale%20Cornutopia%20corn%20snakes%20cornsnakes.htm

Don Soderberg's "Corn Snakes In Captivity", also very well written lots of excellent information, easy to read. An area I feel this one excels over Kathy Loves book is his very detailed section on breeding, burmation and incubation. It is also inexpensive and can be ordered, signed from his website...http://www.cornsnake.net/cornsnakesincaptivity.php3
'
Charles Pritzel's "Cornsnake Morph Guide" another must have. This book covers all the currently known corn snake morph's and approx. what they sell for(if there was a going rate at the time of printing). With this book you will learn how to identify morphs by their coloration and eye color. There are sections on: head patterns, short cuts to combining genes, proving out genetics and a morph cross reference guide just to mention a few things that are covered. As you can see this is a great resource for the average keeper those who wish to breed as well.A signed copy can be found on his website....http://cornguide.com/the guide.php

100_7109.jpg

Back