• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

boredom=awesome tank decor

GL6570

well its almost 3:50am and i was pretty bored so i decided make a little something for my little girl. we have a huge apple tree in the back so i just started cutting away at it. a word of advise, cutting a tree in the dark isn't exactly the smartest thing to do.:rolleyes: i didn't realize how much of the tree i was actually cutting off and a pretty big section of the tree fell on me. but anyways, i got the piece i wanted and i bleached it, baked it, then stripped it. it actually turned out pretty awesome and i just wanted to share it with all of you.

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

How dry is the wood? It looks awesome, but make sure there is no sap or other stuff that might harm the snake. I keep fish and so I am paranoid about the whole wood thing, but better safe then sorry!

I think that's amazing!! I wish I was so creative while bored!

It's hard to tell from the photo, but if those nubs are sharp, a bit of sand paper would smooth them right up.

Great job!

Looks nice. :)

That's cool!

thanks! i LOVED how it turned out:D

How dry is the wood? It looks awesome, but make sure there is no sap or other stuff that might harm the snake. I keep fish and so I am paranoid about the whole wood thing, but better safe then sorry!

well, the branch was still very much alive when i cut it off but i think baking it actually dried it up quite a bit. i know what you mean, im big on fish too and i would never put any tree branches in my tanks. but then again this won't be submerged in water so it shouldn't leach anything.

I think that's amazing!! I wish I was so creative while bored!

It's hard to tell from the photo, but if those nubs are sharp, a bit of sand paper would smooth them right up.

Great job!

oh wow, i didn't even notice that. they're not too sharp but i'll sand them anyway just to be safe.

thanks!

Back