• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

braining

It is when you slice the head of a mouse, or peel back the scalp to expose the insides (brains), in order to expose a stronger scent. And although it sounds gruesome, it supposedly works well on some occasions for getting stubborn feeders to become more enticed by the mouse.

I haven't, the few stubborn feeders I've had were able to eat before I resorted to that method. But I've heard it works quite well, not flawless, but it's definitely worth a try.

I'm sure you could do a search that might provide alternatives, but I've also heard of washing the mouse with soap to offer another scent that your snake may find appealing.

It's really very simple, especially on frozen mice. I usually just poke a hole in the head, stir the brains around a little, and put some of the "grey matter" on the nose of the pink. I use one of those tiny little screwdrivers like you find in eyeglass kits to do it (sterilized first, of course). Fortunately, I haven't had to do it that often.

I've had to do it a few times for some mega problem feeders. Michael and Robbie given pretty good instruction.

Good luck!

oh well the male eat rite away, the female just took a dark room, this post was more of just questioning of what it was and how to do it

I've brained a couple times. I used a sewing needle and punctured the scalp a couple times (pinkies) and gave the head a little squeeze and got some of the juice out. Normally my guy will sniff the prey a bit and take one or two nice polite little nibbles before chowing down. When brained, he wasted no time and lunged at the mouse immediately. I'd say it works.

What I do when I have done this in the past is simply taken a razor blade and cut down the back of the head and then across the head then give it a little squeez

What I do when I have done this in the past is simply taken a razor blade and cut down the back of the head and then across the head then give it a little squeez

that's the way i do it also. only had to a few times, ive also cut slits into a rat pink to put probiotics inside of it for a problem boa i had that my buddy now owns.

Back