• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

branches

MERCURY

Herpetologicaly Hooked
hi does anyone know of anywhere in the uk where I can get a god sized climbing branch for my corn?
I cant seem to find one suitable for a 2ft long viv

thanks

I actually found mine while out hiking in our local dry river bed. There's all kinds of drift wood there. I find suitable sized stuff, take it home and wash it thoroughly in hot water and soap, and then microwave it for a couple of minutes. The water in the wood from washing it keeps it from burning. After it cools, I put it in the viv. They work great. Here's what the branches looks like in my amel and Okeetee's vivs.

Attachments

• monster2.jpg
    monster2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 28
  • lookingout2c.jpg
    lookingout2c.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 28
oh I didnt know you could use driftwood, I live right next to a small beach ill get some from there. BTW gorgeous snakes

Sure, just be certain you clean it well and either bake it in the oven for a while, or in the microwave for a few minutes.

Back