• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

breathing question??

osmbr

im not new to snakes at all, but i accuired a 7-8 year old male okeetee corn and i got him when he was in shed i left hime alone for a lil bit then when i went to move him he let out alot of air(mouth open) i called the breeder and she said that its probably from the shed covering his nostrils and she had snakes do that before. so i waited didnt touch him till he shed i went to hold him and he lets out air through his mouth (my other 6 snakes do not do this) so i put him back in the cage and sat there and listened in the 30 mins i sat there he did this 3-4 times. its like he holds his breathe for a while then releases it through his mouth. there is no mucus, mouth does not open all the way just a lil enough to let the air out. im thinking he might have had an r/i before i went and got him(he was free). but he ate and isnt really showing any other signs other than he has wierd breathing. idk have any of you encountered this i dont want to take him back to the breeder. she already said i could but i wanted some more opinions on whether or not it sounds ike an ri he has a uth and lamp(lamp to keep up the abient more becuase of this breathing) and he is on aspen snake bedding( all my snakes are) and he has 2 hides typical cold/hot. thanks alot kind of alot but i really need some opinions

thanks in advance

It sounds like an RI.
A vet visit is going to cost you, so you will want to decide how much money you want to spend on the snake vs. taking it back to the breeder.
I picked up 3 snakes with RIs for $100 and it cost me $130 to take them to the vet. I'm glad I took them, but they didn't end up being a very good deal price-wise.

Back