• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Breeding Questions..

Ocelot

I have a few questions...

What age can cornsnakes start breeding?
Can two cornsnakes live in the same viv?
How often can corns lay eggs?
Why do you breed your corn?

Thanks ;)

Corns can start breeding at the age of 2 years, but for health sake, most people suggest an age of 3 years and a weight of 300 grams.

You just opened a can of worms with your second question, but I will answer. Corns are known to be cannabilistic, so it really isn't a good idea to keep them together. You can also spread desiese this way, and it will be hard to know who has shed and deficated. But, if you aren't keeping track of all that, and are willing to take the cannablism risk, then it is totally your call.

Corns usually breed early in the year around Feb/march time frame, and lay eggs about a month to 2 months later. Some have been knows to double clutch, which means lay 2 clutches a year.

I breed corns because I like to see what color combinations I can get by mixing and matching what I have, and I enjoy watching them hatch. It also provides a small way to get some money for the food that the snakes will eat each year.

Back