• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

breeding

daxfactor

hi all, just wondering when its breeding time does the male chase the female or does the female just sit there and let the male do his business thanks in advance for educating me on this topic

It has been my experience that there is a chase. It all depends on the female. If she is a first timer then there will be one for sure! I have seen some wicked chases and some pretty mean females that will whip their tails around and even musk the males because they just arent into it.

thank you for the quick reply.well my male chased the female for a while last night and it seemed as if he got tired or some thing and just retreated to his hide and the female soon followed so my next question is. Will they eventually breed or does he not care any more. once again thank you

From my limited experience, I think it mostly depends on the timing and the pairing. The same female... with one male there was lots of chasing and if not for the stubborn persistence of the male, probably nothing would've happened. Fast forward to her introduction to a different male later on, and it was wham, bam, thank you ma'am... literally within minutes they were hooked up.

Help

:wavey: hiya every one im new to this so pls bear with me. can any one help me answer the following questions or point me in da right direction:
when breeding corn snakes wat is:
1. suitable accommodation and furnishings
2. preparation to encourage mating behaviour
3. stock selection eg. genetic compatibility, health
4. legal responsabilities eg. legislation and licensing
5. ethical responsabilities eg re-homing of young

pls pls help im really stuck :eek1:[/
SIZE]

Hey Duff, I've had exactly that happen too around here...6 weeks of nothing with one male and then 30 seconds of wooing and that was satisfactory from another!

I put a virgin pair together for the 1st time last night and he was keen as mustard but she employed an evasion technique I've never seen before. She squirmed and changed dirrection rapidly and doubled back under herself so that he couldn't 'trace' her. I've never seen that behavious before. IAfter about an hour of this I put him back in his viv and called it a night. I'll try again next week...hmmmm

tabby795 said:
:wavey: hiya every one im new to this so pls bear with me. can any one help me answer the following questions or point me in da right direction:
when breeding corn snakes wat is:
1. suitable accommodation and furnishings
2. preparation to encourage mating behaviour
3. stock selection eg. genetic compatibility, health
4. legal responsabilities eg. legislation and licensing
5. ethical responsabilities eg re-homing of young

pls pls help im really stuck :eek1:[/
SIZE]

Do you interrupt conversations in the real world like this? Probably not. I know you're new (welcome!), but you should understand that this is very poor etiquette. Use the search functions, and if you still don't find your answers, start your own thread in the appropriate subforum. :)

Roy Munson said:
Do you interrupt conversations in the real world like this? Probably not. I know you're new (welcome!), but you should understand that this is very poor etiquette. Use the search functions, and if you still don't find your answers, start your own thread in the appropriate subforum. :)

sorry i didnt know :eek:

Back