• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

brumation questions

chitofil

hello fellow cornsnake lovers,
i am chito from the philippines. i have around 8 cornsnakes right now. i will be putting the pics for identification because nobody here knows what colors they are. i have some ideas but i just want to be sure.
my real question is here in the philippines there are only two seasons dry and rainy. from september to around february it gets cold but not that cold. at night it is around 24C and during the day 30C to 34C.
i want to breed my corns but do i really have to brumate them. there is no winter here or temperatures that may reach 0C to 15C.
what is the real temperature for the corns to brumate? would i have to buy a refrigerator for them to brumate? if i refrigerate them what is the lowest temperature they could manage? i might have frozen corns if i am not careful. i am very much interested in the cornsnakes because of their colors. i hope i could be successful in breeding them.
thank you very much. i hope you could me in my problem.

Cornsnakes will breed without brumating. In your situation what I would do is keep them in total darkness for eight weeks in the coolest part of your house. Only disturb them to give fresh water and check their condition. After two months return them to a normal light cycle and feeding. You may not get the best possible results but a change in light cycle should stimulate breeding activity. Make sure they have good body weight before atempting this.

Back