• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

building new, any thoughts?

steve-00

i just bought 2 new baby corn snakes and now looking to build a little better enclosure for them, i also have a leopard gecko and a few other animals so im going to make it multi "room",
http://www.cagesbydesign.com/entity/...-ultimate.aspx
heres a link to what im thinking, im a carpenters soon so i want it to look good, and its kinda easy to do, (having everything i need just outside)
so seeing as all of u have had way more experience with all of this, if u have any comments or suggestions id love to heir them

That link doesn't work... but I did want to mention that keeping two snakes in the same enclosure is a really bad idea. It can cause serious health problems and even death. Don't do it!

As well as what Bobby said, anything that you use from outside needs to be disinfected and "de-bugged"... A good regimen is to soak anything from outside in a bleach solution and then put it in the oven to bake at low temps (250*F, I think?) for an hour or so.

The to snakes are not together, i would have separate enclosures for each.
i would try to use a thick lacker, so it would be water proof or really close to it, i would use a plexiglass bottom, and a screen top, along with the glass front. so the ventilation would be the same as a norm glass aquarium.

Personally if you're going to build, I'd try and do front opening vivs... they are so much better than traditional top opening vivs, especially if you have lights on top, like for leopard geckos. I curse our bearded dragon viv everytime I need to wipe poop, feed him, or want to get him out, because we have to juggle two lights and a sliding screen top... ugh.

Personally if you're going to build, I'd try and do front opening vivs... they are so much better than traditional top opening vivs, especially if you have lights on top, like for leopard geckos. I curse our bearded dragon viv everytime I need to wipe poop, feed him, or want to get him out, because we have to juggle two lights and a sliding screen top... ugh.

oh well it would be ether a slid glass front or a hinge from the bottom front glass, lol there are so many little detail to this new project id like to add cant remember to type them all sorry, but yeah the top would be screen for ventilation and lighting, and is Plexiglas ok to use with the heat pads???

Ive never built anything and I found this easy to do:

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/how-tos-tutorials/28742-how-build-4x2-enclosure-100-a.html
Except put the vent holes in BEFORE you assemble the sides, and iron on the melamine trim before you put in the plastic glass tracking (or risk melting it).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/fifthevilbunny/finfangfoom/21viv.png

You can see I divided the top viv into two sections, try as they might my snakes can't get to each other : )
I love the sliding glass doors.

hmm that seems simple, but if i build something its going to be really fancy nice, i dont mind building stuff like that but yeah thanks for the thoughts

hmm that seems simple, but if i build something its going to be really fancy nice, i dont mind building stuff like that but yeah thanks for the thoughts

Ouch.....

Sorry, didn't realize you wanted something "fancy" and "nice" since your link didn't work.

I soooo sympathize with you! I hate having to make sure lights don't fall off or into the enclosure and then having to slide the lid completely off to clean while of course making sure the lights are cool enough to set down on something while doing so. I once went to put Tequila back into his viv and one of the lights fell and shattered into the enclosure so I had to spend another hour to clean the entire viv out and shop vac it. Such a PAIN!

Back