• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

bulging eyes and not feeding

cobstein

So I have a yearling stripe corn which stopped feeding about 3 weeks ago. Today I noticed its eyes were bulging a lot and it seemed to be moving them??? I thought their eyes were fixed. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know the answer to bulging eyes, but they definitely can move their eyes; it's just hard to see.

Maybe a picture would help? Otherwise, if you have a vet you could maybe call them and ask what they think about it.

Yeah I think they went down a little bit. She might have had some swelling or something. I hope she eats this week

Possibly the swelling is or was shed cycle related. Snakes head will swell a little bit (causing bulging eyes) to aid in removing the shed skin on the head. Maybe it was premature swelling. This happening not in a shed cycle would be one of those "who the heck knows why" moments that occur at times with reptiles.
The eyes move so little that's so cool when you actually it happen !

Good luck with him

The eyes move so little that's so cool when you actually it happen !

My Florida king has eyes that are easy to see moving. I think it's easier with light eyes, where the pupil isn't blended in- then it catches your eye.

My Florida king has eyes that are easy to see moving. I think it's easier with light eyes, where the pupil isn't blended in- then it catches your eye.

Oh for sure !! Same with my Brooks king snake. It gives him that little extra expressionism that endears me to him even when he's trying to eat me HAha

Back