• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

butter a hybrid???

hediki

i luv them all.
i was talking to a breeder this morning asking if he has any corns butters in stock. he said he doesn't produce them because they are hybrids just like creamscicles doesn't how true is that?

I think you can assume that that particular breeder is not too knowledgable in the corn morph area so you shouldn't field any corn genetics questions to him. Butter as a combo has been around long enough for most people who know what they're talking about to know about.

I also know a breeder who thinks that corn morphs are hybrids....

he is a hybrid breeder, and i told him i didn't like hybrids... he told me that when i crossed a butter to a bloodred, it wouldn't be a pure corn....because there would be other blood in it

some people just don't get the genetics basics.... and don't see that a corn morph is not another species

Maybe the Butter in question was co-dom for hybird. Perhaps the parent stock was from a cross between a Yeti corn and a Moonshine Phase Granite corn. :rolleyes:

I recall hearing something about somebody or somebodies not believing that 'caramel' came from a non-hybrid corn. Those somebodies were speculating there was yellow rat involved, or something similar...

That may be your breeder's source of information on this. It's pretty much accepted that caramel came from a cornsnake these days, but there WAS some controversy a few years ago. (Actually, it was pretty much accepted back then too... just a few people making noises...)

-Kat

Back