• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Butter Motley(f) x Creamsicle(m) = ???

MoneyStax123

Yeah, I'm Obsessed. And?
heyy =]

I was just wondering if anyone would know what kind of babies I would get if I bred a creamsicle with a butter motley.
I am planning on breeding them in 2 years because they are only 1.5 years old at the moment. I am raising them up until then.
I have never tried breeding these morphs to each other.... soo does anyone have an idea??

Hybrids. A creamsicle is a rat x corn hybrid, so all babies from this pairing should be sold as hybrids.
The expected outcome should be all creamsicles het carmel and motley.

Thnx
i was just wondering because i am going to breed them in the future.
and i was planning on selling them as hybrids because i would never sell it as a pure corn unless it was completely pure.

At the moment i own:
-classic corn (m)
-anerythristic corn (f)
-butter motley (f)
-creamsicle (m)
-opal (f)
-amelanistic stripe (m)

does anyone have any recommendations on pairings for breeding in 2011??

i retired every female i own last year so this will be my next time breeding =[
this and next breeding season sure will be depressing for me :'(

I'd go with the opal and the amel stripe, and hold back a pair of babies from them, and then breed those together. You'll get all amels from that first clutch, but breed them back together, and you'll get opal stripes!

Or anery and amel breed them back and get snow stripes though opal stripes would be very cool. Would you see the stripe on a snow stripe? hmmm.

thank both so much =]
they both sound interesting so i may try both snow stripe and opal stripe
have you seen aztec opals?
i think they are beautiful
i may buy an aztec corn and attemp to make one
lol

thank both so much =]
they both sound interesting so i may try both snow stripe and opal stripe
have you seen aztec opals?
i think they are beautiful
i may buy an aztec corn and attemp to make one
lol

The only issue with aztecs and zig zags is that they're completely random pattern mutations, and not really inheritable through breeding. The chance that you'll get one is higher, but the inheritability has never been proven.

thnx for the warning
guess i will just pray on that
but i changed my mind about buying an aztec already

ive been breeding corns for only 4 or 5 years using usually 3 females a year so i know the basics but as much as i hate to admit it when it comes to genetics i am clueless

a friend of mine also has a snow male and a reverse okeetee male that he said i may use for breeding as long as he gets 1 baby per clutch from his males
could i get anything special for using his with mine?

i have also heard of a creamsicle stripe
this is another beautiful corn
but too bad my stripe is a male =[
but i can easily trade him for a female =]
im just not sure if its worth it

Or you can breed your stripe to another one of your corns and breed the het offspring to your creamsicle though that would be a long process. I am sure someone is making creamsicle stripes post in the wanted ads and see!

What about when you breed them back to their parents? snows right?

Yep!

i have also heard of a creamsicle stripe
this is another beautiful corn
but too bad my stripe is a male =[
but i can easily trade him for a female =]
im just not sure if its worth it

The thing is, most breeders want to keep their stock pure, so there's not really a market for the hybrids. Do you really want to produce babies you're not going to be able to find homes for?

well believe me
i can find homes for everything
i am a great friend of almost all of the people in the city i live in
and i know a few people who are srtict with buying only hybrids

plus i usually dont sell to many breeders unless they are willing to pick it up because there are not many local breeders around here
being the only one around has many good positives btw =]
lol

there are also many people who dont care about the snakes genes
as long as the snake is beautiful they will pay massive amounts for it
.. but i make sure these people are well informed about corns and the parents and in this case-them being hybrids
if i dont feel they will not take good care of it i will not sell it to that person

I don't see anyone paying massive amount for a creamsicle maybe $20-$40 at most and once you have well started the brood on feeding you'll spend that in pinks. I like creamsicles and think their beautiful even if they are hybrids, heck before I knew they were hybrids that was my daughters first snake, but tons of people take major issue with hybridizing anything. I would guesstimate for every hybrid lover there are 2 more that are against them so 1/3 which does cut down your selling market unless you wholesale, but then your not earning your money back. Whatever you do end up breeding good luck!

thnx alot
but if i do breed hybrids it will only be 1 clutch
no more than that
so it is not likely i will have trouble selling that
and here in newburgh.. theres alot of people that dont think about things much and will go and spend 100$ for a snake
for them it doesnt matter hybrid or not... they just like pretty snakes
but i think im goin to stick with non hybrids for now until i learn a little(or a lot) more about genetics
thank you both for your help
it is very much appreciated =]

Back