• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Butter or Gold

Thickscaled

Corny Snake woman
I bought this guy as a Butter Motley, however he's making me question him slightly. I know how close Butter's and Gold Dusts are so I think that's why my eyes are playing tricks on me when it comes to Bakin'(named because you can use butter to Bake xD). Ether morph I'm happy with him, I just wanted to here what others think on him. He's around 18months. I tried using the Ians Viv, corncalc, but the Ultra Caramel and the Gold Dust sections arn't working for me... i don't know if this is my computer or what.. but since I can't compare to the photos on it I came here.

Sorry about the lighting, it was take in the shade as where I could get to isn't getting sun right now.

IMG_8578.jpg

IMG_8574.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8576.jpg

I hardly know the morphs, but my first thought was, "nice Gold Dust Motley." But I am no expert by far, so YMMV.

Definitely a butter. Golddust usually have green eyes and their pupils tend to be a little darker

Oooh I didn't know that about a Gold's eyes, I'm going to have to make a note of this. Thank you very much =D

Christen would know! I just got some beautiful butters from her. I didn't know the eye color indicator. I take make my previous post, my bad!

Eyes can usually tell you a lot. I will post a pic of a gold dust eye for you. Probably tomorrow, I am not home right now.

No body should feel bad for not knowing. We all have to start some where and yes when only looking at the body, butter mots and gold dust mots can look very similar.

Butter motley... i have a nice female exactly the same! mine is even more yellow! so be sure it is a butter

Thank you guys so very much, and I've made a note about the eyes for my future refs since this guy is gonna have a gold girlfriend so this will help me out when babies emerge.

I love this forum it's so helpful and teaches me new things each day =D

Agree with the above, here is a close up of both my Gold Dust Motley, and my Butter for comparrison.

First - Gold Dust Motley
IMG_2098-1.jpg

and Butter
IMG_1576.jpg

Awesome eye shots, glad I got one of the eye then for y'all to see. I can see the difference now with that shot, thank you so very much for all your help and advice on the difference between golds and butters

Back