• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Butter Stripe or Caramel Stripe, any feedback?

ReversingTime

ReversingTime
Hello, I am new to Cornsnakes.com and am glad I found this site to offer me useful information and advice. Okay let me throw this one at you. I was on last the computer last week looking for new corn and looking at patterns and I just fell in love with the butter stripe, then I saw how much they are going for. Well this past Sunday I was at the Hamburg NorthEastern Reptile Snake show and looked long and hard, but all I really saw were a ton of Boas and Pythons. Only one Butter Motley. Then I came across this one labled Caramel Stripe. It wasn't a baby (which I prefered) It was born in fall of 08. It was only $45 for me. It's a very pretty snake and has yellow in it, a plus!! When I came home I did research on pc and saw caramel stripe have black/brown eyes, is that correct? Mine had Red eyes, 4 stripes of caramel color on a banana color skin background. Now I think the guy had it labled wrong and didn't really know what he had for sale and what kind of price he could get for it. I really think I got a Butter Stripe, is that correct? Did I get an awesome deal for $45? It was meant to be! I really wanted one and knew I couldn't afford a $300 snake and got one for $45! I just love my new corn! Any thoughts on this one? All I need now is a cool name for him~
CaliKingSnake9-09.jpg

231.jpg

topcloseup.jpg

toppic.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

Red Eye = Amelanistic (Albino). That is a Butter Stripe. It has an albanistic eye (red eye - pupils/iris'). Caramel + Amelanistic = Butter. Great snake by the way. Hope this helps.

Jay :cool:

Red eyes would indicate amelanism, which would indicate a butter. Perhaps the residual inclination to call it "caramel" comes from the fact that an ideal butter begins to loose visible darker stripes as it gets older.

Thank you all for feedback, I thought so and I'm no expert & was surprised a vendor at a snake show selling this snake had no clue! As for the Price, did I get a good deal?

Thank you all for feedback, I thought so and I'm no expert & was surprised a vendor at a snake show selling this snake had no clue! As for the Price, did I get a good deal?
Sub-Adult Butter Stripe for $45.00? Great deal in my book. Hell, I'll give ya $50.00 for him right now. ;) Great snake for a great price. You couldn't beat that with a stick.

You shouldn't have deleted/moved your pictures from photobucket. The links have been broken and they will no longer be posted.

Here are the pictures, trying to repost since I lost the last ones

Okay, trying to repost the pictures that I posted yesterday, that I lost.
sideview.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

231.jpg

closeup.jpg

That is one of the most preetiest butter stripes i have ever seen. You a are very lucky rouge.

That's an excellent price! They were running in the $300 range last year until Rich had the half price sale, then the retirement sale. I saw the price drop to around $90. $45 is a freakishly low price!!!

Back