• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Butter

goerk

Hi
I`ve got a question about Butters.
A butter is a Caramel x Amel F1
When i cross the Babys of this Generation, i´ll get Butters, right?

What would happen if I take instead of an Amel a Creamsicle?
What would be the result? Butter?
Or something other?

Greets

goerk said:
Hi
I`ve got a question about Butters.
A butter is a Caramel x Amel F1
When i cross the Babys of this Generation, i´ll get Butters, right?

What would happen if I take instead of an Amel a Creamsicle?
What would be the result? Butter?
Or something other?

Greets

In the F2 you would get some butters, but they wouldn't ALL be butters.

If you used a creamsicle you'd get butters with Emoryi in them.
You could call them butter creams. Mmmmmmmmmm

Mary-Beth said:
In the F2 you would get some butters, but they wouldn't ALL be butters.

If you used a creamsicle you'd get butters with Emoryi in them.
You could call them butter creams. Mmmmmmmmmm

This thread has reminded me that I didn't eat breakfast..... :)

Chris

here's what I think you're asking:

You have a male and female, one is an amel, one is a caramel.

You make a clutch from these 2 and all of the babies (called the first fillial or 'F1' generation) will look like the normal wild colour corn but each will carry 1 copy of amel and one copy of caramel.

When you breed these F1's together, statistically you will expect to get 25% each or normal, amel, caramel and butter.

Oh, and a little OT sumthin':

I've noticed a lot of Dutch people write 'greets' at the end of a post. It may be dirrectly from Dutch, I don't know...but in English, we wouldn't say that...it just doesn't flow.

'Greetings from (your name here)'

-would sound much more fluent in that situation.

Cheers,

Hi
Jepp, Princess hit the nail on the top.
Sorry that my Thread is written so bad, I was in a hurry.
And sorry I know Butter isn`t the correct term.
I should say a snake that look like a Butter and hopefully a bit more yellow.
Or could the influence of creamsicle turn the snake in a more pastel colour than a bright strong yellow?
No i`m not from the netherlands, but near by -Germany.

Greetings from Goerk :-D

I see your point with the creamsicle but I would personally stay clear of mixing up emoryi blood into a line of butter as in the future it would be likely very haard to visually sepparate them again.

A lot of people hate hybrids with a passion and unless you're really going to go seriously into hybrids and inform all of your buyers as to the hybrid nature of your snakes and ensure that they in turn pass on all information to anyone they sell the snake or it's offspring to.

I'd say, keep the creamsicles with the creamsicles and the butters with the butters.

Cherers,
A

It`s just a thing in mind, I haven`t got a caramel nor a Butter.
Just Creams
I`m only a yellow fan ( is that right in english?)
I know also about the Hybridproblem and how much people they hate.
I was only interested what the result would be.

Greetings

princess said:
Oh, and a little OT sumthin':

I've noticed a lot of Dutch people write 'greets' at the end of a post. It may be dirrectly from Dutch, I don't know...but in English, we wouldn't say that...it just doesn't flow.

'Greetings from (your name here)'

-would sound much more fluent in that situation.

Cheers,

Afrikaans speakers (South African) sometimes do the same

princess said:
here's what I think you're asking:

You have a male and female, one is an amel, one is a caramel.

You make a clutch from these 2 and all of the babies (called the first fillial or 'F1' generation) will look like the normal wild colour corn but each will carry 1 copy of amel and one copy of caramel.

When you breed these F1's together, statistically you will expect to get 25% each or normal, amel, caramel and butter.
With two recessive genes involved, the prediction is a 9:3:3:1 ratio of normal, amel, caramel, butter. :)

Certianly true that it could be very hard to distinguish those crosses with creamsicle and butter from those that are pure butter. This is one of the big advantages of the cornsnake registry (ACR) in that it tracks the lineage of snakes that are registered and when we provide registration information to people who purchase emoryi/corn crosses (whether creamsicle or any other variant) they know for sure what they are getting.

A couple example pictures of creamsicles that are het for caramel - have not hatched any 'buttercreams' yet but expect to soon. They really have an enhanced yellow coloration over pure creamsicles.

Raoul_Dec_05.jpg

06_Jun_30_Raoul_3_reduced.jpg

06_Jun_30_Chowder_6_reduced.jpg

mary v.

Back