• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Butter?

daneale777

So, I've been talking to this guy from craigslist who wants to sell me one of his corns for $65, which I'm thinking may be a bit steep, possibly. The question is, what morph is he? He seems pretty young and said it was sold to him as a butter, and is more orange towards his head and more yellow lower down. I'm not too familiar with this morph, and the pics are from his cell phone, so I was hoping you guys might have an opinion before I drive all the way out to "look at" the snake. Ha ha.
Thanks so much for looking!

-Daneale

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 93
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 94
It's alittle tough from the pics but it looks like an amel (red albino) and $65 is not unreasonable for an adult.
John

Looks a amel to me. Butters don't have orange on them. It's very pretty though and $65 is pretty good for a snake that size.

Thanks, you guys. So, you agree that he doesn't look like a butter from the pics? I'm not so particularly fond of butters. But I do already have an adult amel. But what's one more? I'm such a sucker, anyway.

Thanks.
-Daneale

I have both morphs and that "butter" looks like amel in blue. But $65 is right for an adult amel.

Well I have a Butter that looks almost exactly the same. . just smaller. . .
Heres a few pics of mine to compare. . . (Mine is a definite Butter)

Artemispic44-1-08.jpg

Artemispic24-1-08.jpg

Artemispic14-1-08.jpg

Hope this helped you, Butters.

Well I have a Butter that looks almost exactly the same. . just smaller. . .
Heres a few pics of mine to compare. . . (Mine is a definite Butter)

Actually, yours is quite a bit different than the above snake in question. The color of your butter's saddles are an orangey-yellow that leans towards the "brown" shades, which is what a butter should be. The above snake in question has saddles that are much more pink/red, which is what an amel would be, especially in blue, which that snake looks to be. It doesn't even look like the yellow-orange I feel "ideal" creamsickles should be.

It's definitely not a butter. I would go for creamsicle or perhaps an amel. :)

And I agree, the second snake posted doesn't look anything like the original snake. Snake 2 is DEFINITELY a butter, snake 1 definitely isn't. :)

I thought that the camera was just making it look dimmer the first time I looked at it. (considering it's on a phone) But after close examination, you are right.
It does look like it has like an orangesh head/neck.

Well I guess just disregard my other posts. :D

Thank you for clearing that up.

Okay, I got a couple more small photos. I don't know if this will help. I hope so. I'm so confused.

-Daneale

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 13
Back