• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cage Decorations

ken347

Corn Addict In Training
Alright first I hope I'm posting it in the right spot. Now i was given a 55 gallon tank about a year ago and it came with fake plants( I threw out now realizing i could of used them) some toad statues and a ceramic hollow tree type thing. The tree is a little rough but I can easily run my hand down it without any pain or discomfort so my question is, would it be to sharp for the corn snake its hollow and has a hole at the top that he can crawl through if he can fit at least and it has leaves and plants attached to it

I think it would be fine. A rough surface may be good for shedding. However, pictures would help.

Bad quality and honestly it looks alot better in person
20120220110111.jpg

I think that would be fine. As long as you can't find anything that the snake can potentially get hurt on, I would use it.

Well the woman that gave me it had it as a decoration with plants and soil and everything

Although, I should add, think like a snake when feeling for dangers. Stick your fingers in areas that don't go anywhere. They might stick their nose there. Also make sure all holes are big enough for you snake to slither through with out any problems. You would hate to have to cut that little tree because your snake got stuck.

The only part I think she would get stuck in is the top in which I could easily block it off with newspaper or something

Well the woman that gave me it had it as a decoration with plants and soil and everything

You might be surprised what I used as hides. I just try to think what the snakes would like. I have cereal boxes that have aspen piled up on them so they look like caves. I have fish decorations. I have cream cheese tubs. Dog water dished with hollowed out undersides so they can be doubled as a hide. Those are just about everyone's favorite.

You are doing a good job using you imagination, keep it up.

The only part I think she would get stuck in is the top in which I could easily block it off with newspaper or something

Perfect!! If it is a small enough hole you could also use hot glue and make it a little more permanent.

Back