• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cage size

connie

I am going to have my son-in-law build a case to house two aquariums in...one for my baby corn, stalker and the other for my baby Mexican rosy boa, balboa. They will be one on top of the other with room for lighting, ect. I think there will be a cabinet below the cages and book shelves above them. I think the case will be my Christmas present, so I need to tell him what size aquariums it will be holding. Right now they are both in separate 20 gallon critter keeper aquariums. I am thinking long term....Would it be okay for them to each have a 55 gallon aquarium.... I would have plenty of hides, climbing things, etc. The 20 gallon aquariums would just sit in the case until they get bigger. Then I would replace them with the 55 gallon ones. Am I thinking to big? Would they feel safer in a smaller size? Please let me know your opinions so my son-in-law can get started building!! Thanks connie

I think that would be great. They'll be comfortable in the 20-gallons for quite some time, but I'm sure they'll appreciate the 55-gallon size when they get larger. :)

Most adult rosys will never outgrow a 15 gallon tank (mine's in one now). The largest corn snake would be comfortable in a 30 gallon tank. If you really want two 55 gal. tanks, it wouldn't be a problem if you set them up properly, as you indicated that you would. If you have a lot of space, and you don't mind the pain-in-the-butt that is cleaning large tanks, go for it.

But remember, there may come a day when you go snake-crazy, and you will want to buy a bunch more. You may wish that you had gone with more conservatively sized vivs if space ever becomes an issue. :)

Back