• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

can i feed half a fuzzy instead of a pinkie

talc22

Hi, would it be ok to feed half of a fuzzy instead of a pinkie, the pet shop had no pinkies left so i ended up getting a few fuzzies.

I would think if the partial fuzzy is not more than 1.5 times the size/girth of your snake, and doesn't weigh more than 3 grams you might be able to. Will your LPS have pinkies in again sometime sooner rather than later?

ok thanks i will cut it so its about the size of a pinkie and try him with that, i can make it to a different pet store at the weekend.

i tried to feed him a fuzzy cut into 3 pieces but he wasinterested in it at all, do they usually refuse when movingup to fuzzies.

I'd get some pinkies before doing any more surgery. Wrap them tight in your freezer and those fuzzies will be fine when your snake gets big enough for them.

He last shed a about 2 weeks ago, i put a bit off fuzzy in his viv earlier and he has ate it, at least he has benn fed until i can get more pinkies.

LOL! Before I got snakes, I never thought that cutting apart dead mice would become a normal life activity!

Back