• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Can i put LIVE BONSAI in my tank?

i know bonsai trees have very specific care requirements. that being said i cant think of any reason why not as long as the bonsai care dosent clash with the corn care. someone more knowledgeable then myself will probly answer soon

Yes you can. In fact I watched a youtube video and followed a thread in another forum of someone who did it. It's not a quick or easy process, as you will have to find the right plant, trim it, shape it, let it grow a bit in the tank and everything *before* introducing the snake... but once if you've got the planting knowledge and time it can actually be done (something i was considering throwing in my future ATB cage, fitting the ancient oriental theme).

Also, i tried searching around real quick but couldn't come up with the sources. Terribly sorry for the lack of those, I'm sure they would have been helpful :(

The tree might die, but it will fit in your viv, you can put it in there! ;)

I wouldn't put any tree/plant with oils in a vivarium containing reptiles.

Honestly, and I like planted vivs and have several, I don't think they are good choices for corns -they are too fossorial and need their substrate to be kept dry.

sure you can, and you can also put your head into a lions mouth, i wouldn't recommend either though

B B BBBB BBBBut lions are big and fury and cuddly and don't have yucky scales how could they bite you lol There is another quote about that but is not suitable for here lol

and I like planted vivs and have several, I don't think they are good choices for corns -they are too fossorial and need their substrate to be kept dry.
This is an excellent point though... Most examples as working proof I find are for either arboreals or various higher humidity boas and pythons.

Being an expert horticulturist and intermediate herpetologist I would advice against it although I love the concept and suppose it could be done.

With 800 species of "bonzai" tree, and corns ability to thrive in a natural/living/bioactive environment anyways, I still don't see all the negative opinions on it...

Back