• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Can this rack hold 4 3 year old corns?

I could be wrong, but I think most breeders keep their adult corns in 32 qt tubs... So I think that should be fine. I use 40 qt in my rack, but I built it myself.

Most breeders use 32qt tubs, so yes that rack would work. Personally I prefer bigger but a lot of people use these so I'm sure they work.

I know you have been trying to figure out recently about a new rack system.

The one I recommend on a cheap budget and a great system is the Animal Plastic Rack.
I own one and so many members here. I am actually thinking on getting a 10 shelf one from them this fall.
I recommend checking out the website. http://www.animalplastics.com/
Rack.jpg

Here is mine with some Snake Guru hooks on the side.
rack-2.jpg

I know they no longer make the tubs he used for this model but I am sure he has alternatives models now for newer model tubs. So shoot him an email. These are great racks that are shipped flat and you build yourself. It takes about 20 minutes to a half hour to build one.

I know you have been trying to figure out recently about a new rack system.

The one I recommend on a cheap budget and a great system is the Animal Plastic Rack.
I own one and so many members here. I am actually thinking on getting a 10 shelf one from them this fall.
I recommend checking out the website. http://www.animalplastics.com/
Rack.jpg

Here is mine with some Snake Guru hooks on the side.
rack-2.jpg

I know they no longer make the tubs he used for this model but I am sure he has alternatives models now for newer model tubs. So shoot him an email. These are great racks that are shipped flat and you build yourself. It takes about 20 minutes to a half hour to build one.

Does it still manage to hold the heat weell ever with all 4 sides of the rack being open? That would be my one concern with the rack.

YES!!!

i'm gathering materials for my breeding project, but I need to know if this rack will work for a adult corn(at 3 years old)

http://www.reptilebasics.com/Iris-Sweaterbox-Rack-32-Qt-Belly-or-Back-heat-p-16197.html

I recently bought that exact same rack. I also have even better news about those racks. They also come in 5 and 6 bins as well as the 4 pictured. I got the 5 bin with dividers. The dividers are made out of the same 3/8 pvc as the sides and shelves and run long ways through the bin. I currently house a 2 year old, (2) 3 year olds, and one 5 year old in them. It is a very nice rack and extremely sturdy.
I was also told that it was best to buy a 6 bin and then a 5 bin if you want to stack them. All stacking and locking pins are provided as well as back heat.

I have this rack from Reptile Basics as well http://www.reptilebasics.com/Iris-Shoe-Box-Rack-12-or-16-Tub-Sizes-p-16181.html it sits on top of the one we are talking about.
I am very happy with mine. The tubs are so clear and slide very easy. If you need more info or have any questions I will help you.

Does it still manage to hold the heat weell ever with all 4 sides of the rack being open? That would be my one concern with the rack.

From of the amount of returned buyers here at the site, I say its never been a problem.

I keep my herp room heated but this model I have uses heat rope. I hear he no longer makes them with heat rope.

Back