• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Can you refreeze thawed pinkies?

stormi

hey again its me...i know I've been asking a lot of questions but can you refreeze thawed pinks?..i hope you can because it was his second feeding yesterday and i was so excited i accidentally left his pinks out :cry: :eek1: ...i feel bad...i don't want to have to waste them..i have to be more careful..and also does anyone know any good (preferably cheap) :sidestep: pinkie site that i can order from?...need this info asap...thanks!

I believe if you do a serch on this subject you might find the answer you seek. :)

hana

Were they completely thawed, or only the top ones. I think if you left the whole thing out and they weren't completely thawed, you could safely refreeze them. You might end up with a few that get freezer damaged, but most likely the one's on the bottom remained frozen.

MegF. said:
Were they completely thawed, or only the top ones. I think if you left the whole thing out and they weren't completely thawed, you could safely refreeze them. You might end up with a few that get freezer damaged, but most likely the one's on the bottom remained frozen.
well actully there were only six tht were completly thawed...and them some...would the be okay to thaw and then give to my cornsnake?

It depends on how long they were out... if it was like days or something, then no. But like hana suggested, do a search on this forum (search function is on the menu at the top of this page underneath where it says "welcome stormi") and you'll find more info.

TrpnBils said:
It depends on how long they were out... if it was like days or something, then no. But like hana suggested, do a search on this forum (search function is on the menu at the top of this page underneath where it says "welcome stormi") and you'll find more info.
everytime i type that or something like that in it takes me to my thread! :bang: :sidestep: :twoguns: :crazy02:

Think of it as you would your own food.

If a chicken breast fillet was out of the freezer for 2 hours and warmed to body temperature but not used, it would be a 'not so wise' idea to refreeze it and use it next week.

Also, take into account that a chicken breast fillet is just meat (perhaps skin too) which has (hopefully) been handled hygenicly before and during packaging for the consumer. A mouse pink was probably taken from the next and frozen without any measures for sanitisation at all so although a good number of the bacteria pressent would be killed by the freezing, it's still LOADED with nasties.

Make up your own mind what you do. I've been known to occasionally refreeze a pink but it's not a standard practice around here.

In the past (not any more) I have rethawed pinks, BUT it never works how u plan it to...when it was thawed, it was all mushy..like you could feel the mushy-ness through the belly, and when they snake struck it, the tummy eploded.

Havent done it since, and dont recomend it. Unless it was like a huge rat u just spent quite a bit of money on....then im sure you possibly could...

stormi said:
everytime i type that or something like that in it takes me to my thread! :bang: :sidestep: :twoguns: :crazy02:

I think you're searching your own thread. You have to go to the top of the first page of the threads listing in the appropriate forum.

Back