• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Can you tell...

koa94

... if my snake is a boy or a girl? here are some pics, if you think you can figure it out with other pics just let me know. If you cant then its ok:santa:

Attachments

• kates snake and more 017.JPG
    kates snake and more 017.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 64
  • kates snake and more 007.JPG
    kates snake and more 007.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 64
Sexing snakes, visually (by just looking at its tail), is not, always, accurate.
However, to do so, better pics would be good.
Photo/s that include the cloaca and a side, & underside, view is better, for this (especially if tail is extended), than a topside view.

ok thanks, if you had to guess by these pics what would you say? I will post some new ones in a few minuets.

this might help

can you tell if my snake is a boy or girl?

Attachments

• kates snake and more 018.JPG
    kates snake and more 018.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 45
  • kates snake and more 016.JPG
    kates snake and more 016.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 46
  • kates snake and more 017.JPG
    kates snake and more 017.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 46
It almost looks like it tapers off really quick, but like the very experienced snake-keepers said; it's hard to tell visually. I think that indicates a girl, but I've no idea. XD

Try getting some pictures from directly top-down of the tail, or a bottom picture as straight-on as possible. Chances are it won't be an accurate guess, but even a general idea is nice. Helps with names.

well if my little snake is a girl she will be Nellie and middle name will be May and a boy will be Ziggy with the middle name of Lee

Didn't take me long to come up with Jasper's. She kind of looks like a bit of rock I had once, a type called jasper, that I can't seem to find anymore! I know Jasper is kind of a boy's name but it just fits.

I call her Jazz for short.

Back