• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Candles....

Cora

I have a quick question... are snakes sensitive to things like Candle smoke. I know it is dangerous for certain animals (Birds etc) to have candles lite in the same room/house. Is it the same for Snakes, or can you light Candles around them with out hurting them? You don't often hear about that kind of restriction with reptiles.

any input would be appreciated

Thanks
Cora

YES IT KILLS THEM IN 33.489 HORUS!

no im kidding but since cigerette smoke can cause problems would candle smoke or fumes? i seriously dont know but i hoipe this helps

Nelson

I seem to remember somebody asking a similar question about incense awhile back on here. I think the general concensus that as long as it was done at "normal" amounts, there was no big health concern. So unless the candles you're burning are made out of old tires, I couldn't imagine how there could be that much smoke involved.

A bit o/t but what's the deal with candles and birds being in the same house? My grandma raised birds for several decades (having over 100 large and small birds in her house at any given time) and burned scented candles like they were going out of style and never had any problems....just curious.

Sorry I didnt get to reply to this sooner.. had a busy weekend.

I sorta suspected that using Candles in certain amounts would be ok.

As to why Candles are bad for birds, I am not exactly sure. Although I do know that Candles are on item on a large list of stuff that they dont recomend for bird owners...
From Purfumes, candles to Frying pans with Teflon. *shrug* beats me. lol

I am an owner of 4 large birds. (umbrella cockatoo,2 blue and gold mccaws,and a scarlet mccaw) Plus my 2 corns. Birds respitory systems are very sensitive to smoke. (candels, fireplaces, ect) Teflon pans when overheated release gases that are bad for there lungs. And when considering the investment i do not take any chances.

Back